Sunday, June 1, 2008

Saturday was the last of the soccer games for this season at least. I have a feeling we may spend many seasons at a soccer field. I'm glad it is a fun sport to watch! Tori and I were able to go on a date Saturday night. She chose a pizza place, CiCi's for dinner. Then we did a little shopping and went home. She was very funny! She was worried about which boy to marry and wanted to know all about how I met Marcus. It was funny to see that side of her. It made me realize how quickly she is growing up. And how important those one on one dates are. The child really opens up when no one else is around. I am looking forward to continuing those.

I also realized this weekend that I bit off more than I can chew concerning school. I signed up for 3 classes for summer. After seeing the syllabus for 2 of them I realized I signed up for 2 to many! So I re-evaluated, realized there is no rush and that it is not worth killing myself over trying to do all of this. I settled with taking Technology for Teachers this summer. It is going to be a lot of work but hopefully I can get through it.

***Gratitude Journal*** Today I felt especially grateful for the opportunity to be at church. As I sat down I realized it is not very often during the week that I just sit and "fill my cup" spiritually, without distractions. And to think that each Sunday we get 3 whole hours of it!! That was nice and I look forward to next Sunday.

1 comment:

lisa said...

I love date nights. And you are right... every time I go out with one of the kids I'm amazed at how much they talk about things that never come up at home. What an opportunity to have God use us in our children's life.. and to let them be used in ours. Children are such a blessing.. I can't believe yours are talking of marriage.. I don't do good with the idea of them growing older... I'm going to miss them.
And I'm glad you let your self reevaluate school. I think you'll enjoy the one you chose. You are very wise my friend! :)